When February 14th rolls around each year, the air is filled with romance across the country. From picnics in the park to expensive candlelit dinners, you are able to spot date nights everywhere.
In fact, British people spend a whopping £261 million on flower bouquets at this time of the year, and around 145 million cards are sent. That’s a lot of love!
However, with thousands of options for gifts on the most romantic day of the year, it can be easy to get overwhelmed. Fear not! A Gift of Happiness is here to help with our guide to the perfect gifts in 2022…
For the romantic
What’s the first gift that comes to mind when you think of Valentine’s Day?… I bet you said flowers, chocolates, or jewellery. Although they do remain the most popular gifts to give on this day, (and for good reason!), there are many other choices that differ from the norm.
- Handmade scrapbook – gather those sentimental bits and bobs and get crafty! You can use cinema trip tickets, concert tickets, or anything that reminds you of that special someone
- Dry fragrance kit – grab some potpourri, reed diffusers, and candles to make your SO a kit of their favourite fragrance. Perfect for a pamper evening with a relaxing hot bath!
- Post-it note treasure hunt – add some sentiment with a treasure hunt of post-it notes. Include your favourite memories and provide clues to the next note, either in your home or in a location that’s special to you!
- And from our own catalogue…our Playing Card Gift Frames are a beautiful addition to your home, as well as serving the perfect level of sentimentality and romance. Swoon!
For the practical
Whatever you enjoy doing as a couple, there’s probably a gadget that can make it even better. Something that you can use together is a great gift on Valentine’s Day, as it is practical whilst being able to add that extra special something when you’re spending time together.
- Bluetooth speaker – a must-have gadget for the home. Ideal for the kitchen to listen to while you both cook or maybe even for your home office if you co-work!
- Pizza oven – a pizza oven is a perfect gift for those who like to cook and entertain friends and family. There are many other accessories for this gift too, so it’s perfect to add extra ideas to birthday or Christmas lists
- Wine purifier – a purifier is a great way to restore the natural flavours and remove the sulphites of your favourite wines. A must-have for wine aficionados!
For the adventurous
More regularly topping the lists of best presents to buy your significant other over the last few years, have been experiences. From holidays abroad to cabin retreats and unique days-out, there are many options to make that Valentine’s Day gift special, and a little bit different!
- Virgin Experience Days – valid for 9 months from purchase, Virgin Experiences offer a wide range of days out from theatre trips to days spent driving around racetracks!
- Airbnb – an increasingly popular way of booking short mini-breaks in the UK and further afield. Don’t forget to check out Airbnb Experiences for local activities when you go away
- Viator Experiences – working in conjunction with Trip Advisor, Viator offers thousands of experiences in cities across the world so you can add that perfect excursion to your next holiday!
- And from our own catalogue…our Memories Mapped Gift Frames are perfect to commemorate highlights after your travels! With our beautiful location heart feature, you can pinpoint exactly where you were when you had your special moments!
For the foodie
Do you like fancy dinners at top restaurants or is a cosy night in with a takeaway more your deal? There are many options for you to treat your special someone to a fabulous meal, and make it romantic too!
- Breakfast in bed – whether a fry-up is on the cards or a light breakfast is more their thing, being served breakfast in bed has got to be one of the best ways to wake up!
- Tasting menus – a perfect way to try different dishes on a set menu is a tasting menu. These can be found at restaurants across the country and are a fabulous addition to an evening out without needing to break the bank
- Takeaway dice – not sure what to have for your takeaway? This dice will show you the way! The perfect little gift for the indecisive food lover
Hopefully, you’ve got a better idea of what you will buy for Valentine’s Day! If you’re still searching, our gift collection includes a range of beautiful, handcrafted items that will make the ideal present for that special someone. Find out more about us and take a look at our range today for even more ideas!
Charlotte Di Placido – A Gift of Happiness
Discover more uplifting content and inspiring articles with our hand-picked selection of related posts, designed to bring you an extra dose of happiness and joy.
The King of the Family: Celebrate Dad’s Greatness this Father’s Day!
With Father's Day swiftly approaching, it's time to embark on a thrilling journey to honour the remarkable dads in our lives.Read article
A Royal Coronation: A Spectacular Celebration of Joy!
The magic of a Royal Coronation is truly an enchanting affair! Join us as we delve into King Charles III's Coronation.Read article