Work For Us
Would you like to be part of a busy, hands-on creative team within a growing business?
Here at A Gift of Happiness, we have an exciting opportunity for someone passionate and enthusiastic to join our small but busy team. We design and manufacture a variety of high-quality personalised gifts which we sell through multiple online marketplaces, as well as our own website, with our products being dispatched all over the world.
We have at least one creative assistant position available. We see this as an exciting opportunity to get into a growing company early where there will be great potential for progression for the right candidate as our business grows.
No experience is necessary; full training will be provided.
Reporting to the Creative Manager, the duties will include helping in the following areas:
- Preparing Stock
- General administrative tasks, including organising order paperwork.
- Creating / Editing Digital Artwork via Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and other various creative software – full training will be provided.
- Making, printing, packaging, and dispatching orders/ preparing dispatch labels via our online systems.
- Ensuring all orders are created and dispatched on time and organising parcels ready for collection by the couriers
- Customer service duties including dealing with emails, answering the telephone, and social media messages.
- Inspecting and maintaining printing equipment and resolving or flagging any issues.
- General Duties (including tasks such as building packaging boxes, loading printers etc.)
- Other general duties; including cleaning, washing-up, making coffees etc. We are a small team, and we all pitch in to ensure our studio space is kept organised, clean, and tidy.
- Opportunities to get involved in the design process for new and future products
- Energetic, passionate, and a good sense of fun!
- Positive and enthusiastic, with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Hard working with great work ethic
- Fast paced
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Work well under pressure and be able to maintain a calm demeanour during periods of high workload.
- Organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise your own workload, multitask, and show excellent time management.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks over long periods.
- Impeccable attention to detail. Must be accurate, have a steady hand, and a keen eye for detail – we are perfectionists!
- Basic IT skills (Full training will be provided on the software we use, where necessary).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a willingness to ‘muck in’ when it’s busy, you will be required to work overtime through busy seasonal peaks, this is a necessity.
- Delivering /exceeding all agreed targets and KPI’s.
- Complying with our core value behaviours.
- Age: 18+
- Contract Type: Fixed term contract. Temporary 6-month contract initially, with the possibility of a permanent contract after 6 to 12 months.
- Number of vacancies: 1 (Possibly 2)
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Salary: between £14,206 and £19,760 per year - Salary will depend on age and experience.
- Hours: 40 per week. (Mon to Fri 9am-5:30pm. You may be required to work bank holidays and weekends during busy periods – this will be paid as overtime.
- Place of work: Unit based in Lofthouse, Wakefield (no working from home)
- Holiday: 28 days holiday per year (inclusive of 8 Bank Holidays)
- Pension: Nest Pension Scheme available for permanent roles.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our products, and customer experience, powered by our passionate people. We’re a small but growing company, looking for great people who want to be an integral part of achieving our big ambitions. If you are passionate about what you do, want to work for a dynamic and ambitious company, and can provide all the above mentioned, and more, then we would love to hear from you.
Please email email@example.com as soon as possible with your CV and covering letter / email, outlining why you feel you are perfect for the role, and what you think you can bring to our company.
Whist we are grateful for every application, we unfortunately may not be able to reply to everyone. We will however be in touch should you be successful in reaching the interview stage.
For further company information about us please see our website: www.agiftofhappiness.com